Urinary S/O Small Dog is for the nutritional support of dogs in cases of:
- Bacterial cystitis
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
- Reduction of recurrent struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis
In older dogs renal function should be checked before Urinary S/O Small dog is recommended.
Urinary S/O Small Dog Benefits:
- Urinary S/O Canine effectively dissolves struvite uroliths. An acidic urinary pH is unfavourable to the development of bacteria, which are frequently associated with struvite uroliths.
- Diluting urine decreases the urinary concentration of struvites and calcium oxalates. The larger urinary volume also ensures regular bladder wash-out.
- Undersaturated urine is an environment where crystals cannot proliferate. Thus the urine is unfavourable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- Sodium polyphosphate binds salivary calcium, making it unavailable for tatar formation.
Urinary S/O small Dog Not recommended in cases of:
- Pregnancy, lactation, growth
- Chronic renal failure, metabolic acidosis
- Pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis
- Heart failure
- Use of urine-acidifying drugs
Veterinary diets are formulated for the nutritional support of cats with specific clinical conditions and are recommended to be used under veterinary advice. For more information on feeding Urinary Small Dog to your dog, please consult your veterinary surgeon.
Rice, maize flour, dehydrated poultry protein, animal fats, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, minerals, vegetable fibres, egg powder, wheat gluten**, soya oil, fish oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, marigold extract (source of lutein). Protein sources : dehydrated poultry protein, maize gluten,hydrolysed animal proteins, egg powder. **L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high digestibility. Crude ash: 7.3%. Crude fibre: 2.3%. Crude oil fats: 17%. Moisture: %. Protein: 20%.
Vitamin A: 16000 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 47 mg, E2 (Iodine): 4.7 mg, E4 (Copper): 14 mg, E5 (Manganese): 61 mg, E6 (Zinc): 148 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.06 mg, Urine acidifying substance: calcium sulphate (0.8%). Technological additives: Pentasodium triphosphate: 3.5 g. Preservatives - Antioxidants.
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Great for my 2 girls.My 2 girls have been on this food due to bladder stones. Recommended by my vet. Both are thriving on this plus it's taking care off there problems.
Great specialist dog foodThis dog food is so easy to use no measuring quantity and no waste. Also my dog loves it.
Dog loves this foodMy shih-tzu cross Bichon aged 11 just diagnosed with calcium oxilate cystals absolutely loves this food.. normally grazes over a few hours.. not with this food. down in one!
Great for my Shih TsuMy poor Alfiie has reoccurring stones and thankfully they haven't returned because he is following this diet
My dogs love itDogs both love it, even though only one has dietary needs!