Sure Flap Microchip Pet Door in Brown
Designed for large cats and small dogs, the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door uses your pet’s existing microchip like an electronic door key to keep unwanted animals out of your home. The unique number on your pet’s microchip is permanently stored in the memory of the pet door, even when the batteries are removed. When your pet approaches the pet door from the outside, it reads your pet’s microchip and the door unlocks. It remains locked for any other animals who try to gain entry. Featuring a curfew mode, the pet door can be set to automatically lock and unlock at specific times each day, which is ideal if you want to keep your pet in at night.
- Suitable for large cats and small dogs
- Makes pets feel more comfortable in their own homes
- Curfew mode keeps pets in at night – no need to get up early to unlock the pet door
- No more fights or spray marking in the house
- Compatible with all microchips worldwide and the
- Sure Petcare RFID collar tag (one tag included)
- Battery powered – requires 4 x C cell batteries which last up to a year (not included)
- Low battery indicator light gives you plenty of notice when the batteries need changing
- Can be installed in doors, glass or walls Include a manual lock in addition to the curfew mode
- Stores up to 32 pet identities
**Please note: the SureFlap Pet Door Mounting Adapter is required to install the Sureflap Microchip Pet Door into glass.**
- Flap opening size (the smallest area your pet will have to enter) – 178mm (W) x 170mm (H)
- Door/wall mounting hole size – 207mm (W) x 234mm (H)
- Glass mounting hole size (a circular hole is required) – The optimum hole size is 300mm in diameter, but it can be installed in holes up to 320mm in diameter
- Exterior frame size – 262mm (W) x 281mm (H)
The presence of a metal plate in an installation location can influence the performance of the DualScan Microchip Cat Flap, reducing the range of the microchip reader. This includes the following:
- Metal skin doors
- Security doors
- Metal garage doors
- UPVC coated metal doors
- Metal frames around a wall installation
For most situations you will not notice anything, as the read range will still be sufficient for the majority of microchips. However, if you experience intermittent operation or failure to open for your cat, first check for the presence of a metal plate in your installed location.
Note: UPVC coated metal doors often look the same as standard UPVC doors and you may need to look carefully where the panel has been cut. If a metal plate is confirmed, follow the instructions below for improved read range.
If there is metal present, you will need to cut a larger hole in your door, leaving a gap of 2-3cm (1-1.2”) between the tunnel of the cat flap and the metal in your door. To begin with, trace around the outer edge of the back frame as a size guide. Now mark your cutting line 1cm (0.3”) inside the line you have traced around the back frame, leaving the screw holes in place. Cut this hole and reinstall the cat flap.
If you still experience intermittent operation you will need to increase the size of the hole again, in this case you will require the cat flap mounting adaptor.
Once you have the mounting adaptor, trace around the circumference of the mounting adaptor as a guide. Now mark a circle approximately 2cm inside the line from the mounting adaptor, again leaving the indentations for the screw holes. Cut this hole and then reinstall the cat flap again. This will extend the read range further and should resolve any issues with mounting in a metal door.
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Great for wall cat flapDid the job, great as its bigger than a standard cat flap.
Good quality - but my cat won't use it!!!!I bought this when I was going into hospital and I wanted to be sure that other cats did not come in (my cat went to a cats hotel whilst I was away). But several weeks larter I am having to cellotape the door open! So whilst it's draughty for the summer - don't know what to so in the winter! Can't put back the old one - it's for a smaller hole.