Specific Digestion Support Adult Wet Dog Food
SPECIFIC Canine CID & CIW Digestive Support has highly digestible ingredients that compensate for decreased intestinal enzymatic activity and ensure an optimal uptake of nutrients. This makes the diet optimal for patients with gastrointestinal conditions such as acute and chronic diarrhoea, vomiting and/or flatulence.
- The high content of minerals and fat soluble vitamins compensates for compromised absorption in the patient’s gastrointestinal system. The increased level of electrolytes compensates for increased losses during diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Contains b-1,3/1,6-glucans from yeast which can bind to receptors of white blood cells, thereby alerting the immune system and supporting the immune response.
- SPECIFIC CID & CIW Digestive Support also contains egg powder rich in egg immunoglobulins. Immunoglobulins can bind specific bacteria, viruses and protozoa in the intestinal tract. This prevents attachment of pathogens to the intestinal wall, damage to villli and associated diarrhoea.
- SPECIFIC CID & CIW Digestive Support contains Mannan Oligo Saccharides (MOS). MOS can bind pathogenic bacteria, thereby preventing them to bind to the intestinal wall. MOS also stimulates the local immunity in the intestinal tract.
- Psyllium Husk is a gel-forming soluble fibre, which absorbs several times its weight in liquid, and is known for its beneficial effect on the regulation of the gastrointestinal tract activity and protection of the intestinal mucosa.
- Yucca extract reduces the production of malodorous gasses and the smell of faeces.