Prac-tic Spot-On Medium Dog
It contains Pyriprole which kills fleas within 24 hours post exposure, and one application prevents flea infestation for 4 weeks, and can be used as part of a treatment strategy for the control of Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD).
- Prac-tic provides a full month’s tick and flea protection in each treatment
- Prac-tic remains effective after walks in the rain, or swimming¹
- Prac-tic remains effective, even after shampooing¹
- Prac-tic ensures your dog is protected all month long, wherever they go, whatever they get up to!
- Prac-tic kills 99% of ticks in 48 hours¹
- Prac-tic kills 100% of fleas in 24 hours¹
Reference: 1. Schuele G et al. The effect of water and shampooing on the efficacy of a pyriprole 12.5% solution against brown dog tick (R.sanguineus) and cat flea (C.felis) infestations on dogs (2008) 151(2-4); 300-311. Dogs should not be bathed or shampooed 48 hours before treatment. Immersion of the animal in water or shampooing within 24 hours after treatment may reduce the efficacy of the veterinary medicinal product. However, weekly immersion in water did not affect efficacy against fleas and ticks. Veterinary Parasitology (2007) doi: 10.10.16/j.vetpar.2007.10.009.
To ensure that you read the most up to date information about this product, please check the VMD's Product Information Database.
Do not use in dogs less than 8 weeks of age or with a body weight of less than 2 kg. Do not use in case of known hypersensitivity to phenylpyrazole class compounds or any of the excipients. Do not use on sick (e.g. systemic diseases, fever) animals or animals recovering from disease. This veterinary medicinal product is specifically developed for dogs. Do not use in cats, as this could lead to overdosing. Do not use in rabbits.
Within each weight range the entire contents of the correct size pipette should be deposited on the dog’s skin.