Eukanuba Veterinary Diets Renal Dry Dog Food
Eukanuba Veterinary Diets Renal is formulated to help support the veterinary management of your dog's kidney disease. These diets have a low level of phosphorus and restricted level of protein but of high quality. It helps to nutritionally support the management of your pet's renal function in chronic kidney disease and provides ingredients required for overall health and well-being.
- Nitrogen Trap Fibre System. This is a blend of 3 fibres which work together to help increase excretion of nitrogenous waste via the faeces. This reduces nitrogen exretion through the kidneys
- Restricted levels of high quality animal-based protein. This helps to maintain the kidneys’ filtration function. Although restricted, the use of the Nitrogen Trap Fibre System allows for a level of protein that is considered moderate.
- Reduced phosphorus levels. – a reduced phosphorus ingredient, soya protein isolate, is added to help
nutritionally manage high blood phosphorus
- Omega-3 fatty acids – helps to support the kidneys’ normal filtration function
- Added potassium citrate – helps to manage the normal acidity-alkalinity balance of the body. This balance can be upset with chronic renal insufficiency
When to use it:
Dogs can be affected by kidney (renal) problems at varying stages of life but most commonly in later years. This diet can be used if your dog has been diagnosed with CKD (Chronic Kidney Disease). Kidney disease means they will not be able to effectively cleanse their blood or maintain proper levels of certain fluids and nutrients.
Common signs include:
Increased water consumption (thirst), frequent and/or excessive urination, loss of appetite, weight loss, lethargy, depression, poor, unkempt hair /coat, diarrhoea, vomiting.
Maize, maize grits, rice, animal fat, fish meal, dried beet pulp, soya protein isolate, dried whole egg,hydrolysed animal proteins, poultry liver meal, fructooligosaccharides, brewer's dried yeast, calcium carbonate, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, linseed.
Protein:18.8%, Fat content:13.0%, Omega-6 fatty acids:2.15%, Omega-3 fatty acids:0.35%, Crude Ash:4.70%, Crude Fibres:3.70%, Moisture:8.00%, Calcium:0.70%, Potassium:0.60%, Sodium:0.48%, Phosphorus:0.40%.
Vitamin A:5400 IU/kg, Vitamin D3:325 IU/kg, Vitamin E (α-tocopherol):100 mg/kg, Iron as Ferrous Sulphate, heptahydrate:234 mg/kg, Zinc as Zinc Oxide:195 mg/kg, Manganese as Manganous Oxide:26 mg/kg, Manganese as Manganous Sulphate, monohydrate:19 mg/kg, Copper as Cupric Sulphate, pentahydrate:15 mg/kg, Iodine as Potassium Iodide:3 mg/kg, Cobalt as Basic Cobaltous Carbonate, monohydrate:0.5 mg/kg.
|Dog weight (kg)||Grams/day|
Always make sure that your dog has access to plenty of water
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
ExcellentThe only Renal dog food our old lady will eat
Good quality, easy digestMy 13 year old Border Collie couldn't digest the previous one the vet recommended so I started to shop around and found Eukanuba Renal. It doesn't go through her like the previous one and she really enjoys it. Impressed with the quality. It is expensive but worth it to help her deal with her kidney problems