Eukanuba Cat Veterinary Diet Intestinal
Eukanuba Veterinary Diets Intestinal for cats is recommended for cats with digestive issues. It is especially formulated to nutritionally manage GI issues and patient recovery. In addition, this formula help address other indications that may benefit from the nutritional content, plus provide nutrients needed to support overall health and well-being.
- MOS (mannanoligosaccharides) - binds potentially pathogenic bacteria preventing them from adhering to the intestinal wall and excreting them safely with the faeces
- Beet pulp - a moderately fermentable fibre that produces butyrate, a short chain fatty acid (SCFA), which is a preferential energy source for the enterocytes and promotes intestinal health. Helps regain optimal stool consistency.
- FOS (fructooligosaccharides) - prebiotics which aid in GI health and have been shown in a clinical study to help maintain the balance between beneficial and potentially pathogenic bacteria
- Low fat levels - decrease the workload of the pancreas and help digestive function that can be compromised by GI issues. Help minimise steatorrhea.
- Targeted omega-6: omega-3 fatty acid ratio - helps nutritionally manage inflammation at the cellular level
- Vitamin E - an antioxidant to help maintain a strong immune system
- High quality animal-based protein - aids in recovery and overall health and well-being
It is recommended that a veterinarian's opinion be sought before and during the use of this product in order to determine the needs of your cat.
Dried Chicken and Turkey, maize, maize grits, animal fat, dried beet pulp, dried whole egg, hydrolised animal protiens, brewer’s dried yeast, fructooligosaccharides, potassium chloride, calcium carbonate, fish oil, mannanoligosaccharides, sodium chloride.
Vitamin A 64160IU/kg, vitamin D3 1845IU/kg, vitamin E 159mg/kg. Trace elements: Cupric sulphate pentahydrate: 33mg/kg, zinc oxide: 195mg/kg, manganous sulphate monohydrate: 118mg/kg, potassium iodide: 1.4mg/kg.
Protein 33%, fat content 13%, Omega-6 fatty acids 2.26%, Omega-3 fatty acids 0.32%, crude ash 6.7%, crude fibres 1.9%, calcium 1.2%, phosphorus 0.95%, potassium 0.84%, sodium 0.39%.
Intestinal for Cats can be fed for 1-2 weeks for acute intestinal disorders, initially up to 2 months for regulation of lipid (fat) metabolism, or 3 to 12 weeks as a compensation for maldigestion, or for a lifetime in cases of chronic pancreatic insufficiency.
When switching to EUKANUBA, gradually introduce over 4 days. Divide the daily amount shown in the chart into 2 meals. Your cat may eat more or less depending on age, temperament and activity.
For extended use please consult your vet.
Grams per day
30 – 40 g
40 – 60 g
55 – 80 g
70 – 100 g
85 – 115 g
110 – 155 g
140 – 195 g
Always have plenty of fresh water available for your cat to drink.
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
for constipationmy cat had diarrhea for many years, until the vet said that actually it was constipation. I have to give him twice a day lactose. The feces are very dry. I don't know what else to give him as with other foods is even worse. Not sure this also covers constipation. I wish there was something out there for him. I also give him Hills science wet food digestive and milk 3 times a day when he doesn't eat anything, plus boiled chicken. It is always a worry. But he eats this dry food when he doesn't touch the chicken or the science plan prescription food cans only cans help. He is worse than a baby as I have been at it for 12 years now.
My cat has been suffering pancreatic problems now for about 2 years. This is the second bag of Eukanuba Intestinal Diet dry food that we have bought, she likes it. The tinned version of this, however is very dry and sticky, she doesn't like that, so we give her low fat wet foods too.
Cat has allergies and made from chicken which appears cat allergic too still gave very loose poohs/stools. Not very tasty for cat and hard