Dronspot Wormer for Small Cats
To ensure that you read the most up to date information about this product, please check the VMD's Product Information Database.
|Small cat, 0.35ml pipettes||30mg praziquantel, 7.5mg emodepside|
|Medium cat, 0.7ml pipettes||60mg praziquantel, 15mg emodepside|
|Large cat, 1.12ml pipettes||96 mg praziquantel, 24 mg emodepside|
- Do not use in kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 0.5 kg.
- Do not use in known cases of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
- Shampooing or immersion of the animal in water directly after treatment may reduce the efficacy of the product. Treated animals therefore should not be bathed until the solution has dried.
- Parasite resistance to any particular class of anthelmintic may develop following frequent, repeated use of an anthelmintic of that class.
- Apply only to the skin surface and on intact skin. Do not administer orally or parenterally.
- Avoid the treated cat or other cats in the household licking the site of application while it is wet.
- There is limited experience on the use of the product in sick and debilitated animals. Therefore the product should not be administered to these animals.
Hold the pipette upright and twist off the top. Part the fur on your cat's neck at the base of the skull, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the pipette onto the skin and squeeze until the entire contents has been released.
|Weight of Cat||Dosage||Emodepside (mg/kg of bodyweight)||Praziquantel (mg/kg of bodyweight)||Flea Treatment and Frequency|
|>0.5 - 2.5kg (small cat)||1 x 0.35ml pipette every 3 months||3 - 15||12 - 60||Advantage 40, monthly|
|>2.5 - 5kg (medium cat)||1 x 0.7ml pipette every 3 months||3 - 6||12 - 24||Advantage 40, monthly|
|>5 - 8kg (large cat)||1 x 1.12ml pipette every 3 months|
|3 - 4.8||12 - 19.2|
|8kg and above||Appropriate combination of pipettes every three months||Appropriate combination of pipettes, monthly|