MedicAnimal Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was last modified on March 11, 2008.
MedicAnimal (“MedicAnimal”, “us” or “we”) knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This notice describes the information gathering and dissemination practice for this website. By visiting MedicAnimal.com, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
• Controller of Personal Information
• What Personal Information About Customers Does MedicAnimal Gather?
• What About Cookies?
• Does MedicAnimal Share the Information it Receives?
• How Secure Is Information About Me?
• What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
• Accessing and Changing Your Information
• What Choices Do I Have?
• Are Children Allowed to Use MedicAnimal?
• Notices and Revisions
• Examples of Information Collected
Controller of Personal Information
MedicAnimal is the trading name for Kokoba Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales (company number: 06060026) whose registered office is at 5 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3TW, United Kingdom.
Any personal information provided to or gathered by MedicAnimal is controlled and processed by or on behalf of MedicAnimal.
This website is operated and controlled by Kokoba Ltd, who is the data controller for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
What Personal Information About Customers Does MedicAnimal Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at medicanimal.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us and recommend products and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather.
• Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
• Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses medicanimal.com. We use this information for such purposes as technical administration of our website, research and development, customer administration and marketing. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience at medicanimal.com if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
• Information from Other Sources: we might receive information about you from other sources such as public records and bodies, or private organisations and add it to our account information.
If you do not wish to receive promotional offers from us in the future you will be given the opportunity to refuse any marketing emails from us by accessing our notification preferences.
What About Cookies?
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
• If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
We will be posting our Cooke Policy shortly. You can also find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Does MedicAnimal share the Information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. MedicAnimal shares customer information only as described below.
• Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
• Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of MedicAnimal customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your notification preferences.
• Protection of MedicAnimal and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use & Sale and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of MedicAnimal, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
• With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
MedicAnimal has implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect your personal date from unauthorised access or modification, improper use or disclosure, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
• We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
• We do not reveal your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
• We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
• All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personally identifiable customer information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our customers.
• We will ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to state institutions and authorities without your consent except if we are required to do so by law through a subpoena, search warrant or other law enforcement procedure.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
MedicAnimal also displays targeted advertising based on personal information about users. Although MedicAnimal does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a targeted advertisement meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad (for example, users in the United Kingdom who own dogs).
Accessing and Changing Your Information
MedicAnimal gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with MedicAnimal for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our website evolves.
You can check the information that we hold about you and make any desired changes to such information, or to the settings for your MedicAnimal account at any time by logging on and checking your account or by contacting us at info (@) MedicAnimal (.) com. You can also close your account through the medicanimal.com website. If you close your MedicAnimal account, we will mark your account in our database as “closed”, but will keep your account information in our database. This is necessary in order to deter fraud, by ensuring that persons who try to commit fraud will not be able to avoid detection simply by closing their account and opening a new one. However, if you close your account, your personally identifiable information will not be used by us for any further purposes, nor sold or shared with third parties, except as necessary to prevent fraud and assist law enforcement, as required by law.
What Choices Do I Have?
• As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain MedicAnimal features.
• You can add or update certain information on the page My Account Overview. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
• You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving e-mail or other mail from us at the point where we request information about you. (If you do not want to receive our Conditions of Use & Sale and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of medicanimal.com and orders placed with MedicAnimal, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use MedicAnimal?
MedicAnimal does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use medicanimal.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Notices and Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at MedicAnimal, please email us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use & Sale might change also based on your commentaries or in order to adapt them to our practices. All amended terms shall take effect automatically thirty (30) days after they are initially posted on this site. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through medicanimal.com; provide information My Account and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; complete a questionnaire. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; credit card information; your pet name, age and weight; people to whom purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers); content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include: updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by MedicAnimal; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Which Information Can I Access?
Examples of information you can access easily at medicanimal.com include: up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password); e-mail notification settings (in particular newsletters); recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history, favourites and wishlists).
Want Further Information?
This Privacy Notice is compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
If you have any concerns or questions in relation to your privacy please E-mail us at info (@) MedicAanimal (.) com or call us at 0870 446 1230. You can also write to us at the following address:
100 Villiers Road,
If you are not satisfied with our response to your concern, you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office which is an independent data protection supervisory authority at www.ico.gov.uk.
This Privacy Notice was last modified on March 11, 2008.